Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fall break!!




For most people it's that time again. Time for the leaves to turn from green to red, yellow, orange, even purple. Time for the leaves to fall and the temperatures to cool. Time to get your best winter fleece coat ready. Time for talk of snow to be common. "You never know when it is going to snow over here," one person says. Though this may be common for most of the Simpson population, it is very uncommon for me.


In my short two in a half months at Simpson I have already had a lot of first. I am currently experiencing my first fall. Fall over here is kind of like beaches back home. When you are surrounded them it's not a big deal, but when you've never seen it and you experience it for the first time you are like WOW! Fall is amazing, way better than what you see on t.v. I challenge all those Iowans (for lake of a better term) to look around you and tell me it is not beautiful. Another first for me at Simpson is the idea of wearing long sleeves during practice and games. In Florida, the idea of long sleeves is crazy with the extreme heats we get there. My last first at Simpson is now knowing the order of meals. This is the first time I have identified lunch and dinner as the same meal. Apparently, the correct order is breakfast, lunch/dinner, and supper.


=)


Have a great fall break, Greg


3 comments:

Beth - Admissions Counselor said...

As an Iowan I have to say I NEVER take fall for granted! I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

hi ya! I'm Gaston, from Argentina! I'm applying for August '08. Do u have MSN to chat? I'd love to talk about Simpson and all that stuffs!
This is my email and msn too: longake@gmail.com

cya! take care!

Gaston

jfj said...

I think it's hilarious that you noticed this too! I'm a stickler for this kind of thing! :)

Here's my take on it:

Breakfast is in the morning, lunch is at lunchtime & your evening meal can be called dinner or supper. But the lunchtime meal can only be lunch!

Too funny!