Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Dragon Pride

=)

Well after recently talking to some of my teacher, coaches, and friends from back home I decided to give some shout outs to important people back in Florida.
Of course My mom and dad, Granvill and Anita. My coaches Coach Stickford, Coach Harrison, Coach Taplin, Coach SheetsThese coaches not only helped me with the sport I was in with them but they helped me in many ways, I like to think of them as friends. Especially Coach Harrison who is like a big brother to me (even though I can beat him in wrestling! Lol..) And a special thanks to Coach Stickford, he is a big reason I am where I am now. GO SIMPSON!

There are so many Staff members from Stranahan High school that have helped me! Mrs. Hamilton helped significantly my senior year, thank you! Mrs. Murray and the library staff for always letting me in without a pass and also allowing me to get a little loud in the library! =) Mrs. Formoso for always helping me with school and my mom. Teachers played a large part as well because I was with them for the majority of my time at school. Among the teachers I greatly thank are Mr. Mulhern for helping me become a better student with better work habits, Mr. Fiore for showing me what it looks like to love your job, Ms. Adderley for never taking it easy on me, Mr. Antunez for showing us what it really means to learn something, Dr. Houston for going along with my bizarre analogies, Coach Gard for always making jokes in class keeping and our spirits light in such a stressful class, Sra. Cintron/Beck/and Bentancourt for being more than Spanish teacher, Gracias! I know there are so many that I am leaving out I am sorry. I was very active in high school so I shared special moments with most of the staff even if it was stopping by the office to say hi to Ms. Simone or dropping by admissions and say hello to Mrs. Parker. I thanks so many people from Stranahan for the experiences that shaped and molded me into who I am today. I doubt that I would be able to move so far from home and be as comfortable as I am now if it had not been for those priceless years at Stranahan.

Last but not least I thank Stranahan for the students. Their were some that were easy to love and other that were harder but I never got into a fight at Stranahan and I had many friends. This was valuable in moving to a different state and trying to established friendship. Stranahan broke down barriers for many experiences that have already helped me in college. And I know that I am just 1 out of thousands that have left Stranahan with that Dragon pride and confidence to tackle any task on the next level! I hope that all the other students of Stranahan take advantage of our schools wonderful staff, the friends you meet in school, and the adversity you go through that only makes you stronger! Take care Dragons.


Dragon Pride, Greg



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg: I am proud of you; I will continue to network with the staff at SHS; especially Mrs. Hanrahan in the magnet office. I also get to keep in touch with Ms. Formoso; who is now a "Buck" at Deerfield Beach High where she serves as assistant principal. I will be rooting from afar for the STORM team this Saturday. Hope you have a blast during Homecoming Weekend...Love Ya, Mom

MO said...

hey greg this is MO form camp that hang out with tabitha and them.well how things been hope things are going good up there well now i go to STRANAHAN im in the medical program its okay i heard that you have been talking to Amanda latley. well i hope everything is going good from you and make sum touch downs bye GOD BLESS YOU love MO

MO said...

email me at basketballgurll2004@yahoo.com

just how you spell it

Dragon Wrestling said...

Greg: Thanks for the shout out. I miss you and Rose. Hope all is well. Seems like God is continuing to bless you. Make sure you have your wrestling shoes when U come back down, and we'll see if you can beat me. BTW Carlos and Steven are looking really good on the mat right now.

Love, Peace, and Happiness,
Thomas Frank Harrison