Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Reggies Sleep Out!


Hey there!

Ok, so last Friday I was just turning in a paper at 4 o'clock and I saw my friend. Prior to seeing her I thought about what I was going to do for the weekend, and I decided to just get some work done since nothing exciting was happening. So I asked her what she was doing this weekend and she was like, "I am going to Reggie's Sleep Out tonight." Now I knew next to nothing about Reggie's Sleep Out, but I have seen pictures from last years on Tiffany's facebook. So anything cool enough for Tiff to go to has to be cool enough for me to go to. So I told her does she have room for one more. And she said yes. Next thing you know, we were on our way to Drake and I was excited. Everything was going well until they remembered that I had to sign in. But it was ok because on the pace we were going, I was gonna be there in time for registration. That is until we got separated from our friends in traffic and then got lost. But with our superior direction skills, and a few calls here and there, we were able to get back on track to Drake. Only this time we were running late. But what were they going to do? Not let me come sign up? Then I'd really get the homeless feeling. Luckily, there was no real time constrictions and I was able to sign up when I got there. After getting all signed up, it was time to make "Our Box".

This was to be our house for the night! So as I am constructing what I would call home for the night, I started to see everyone else around me putting on layers of cloths.

Colleen

I started to feel like a real Floridian. Before we left school, everyone was dressed in mildly cold attire. So, I didn't want to be the oddball with tons of cloths on as if i was preparing for a blizzard. So I wore jean shorts and a jacket. So while everyone was putting on cloths I was thinking the worst. Fortunately for me, it didn't get too too cold right away. After our house was made we went to go check out the artist performing on stage.


He was really good. Christian Rap is always good stuff!! So after checking him out on stage, I felt like doing a little singing myself. And wouldn't you know, there was karaoke singing in the food tent. I think I was there for about 3 hours straight, just singing and dancing.

"You are, my fire. The one, desire.......I want it that way!" Lol.. Backstreet Boys Karaoke.





Rippin' it up on an imaginary guitar



Crank that Soulja Boy!!


After that, I went to the gym and watched Freedom Writers and Pursuit of Happiness until I was tired. By the time I was ready for bed it was freezing! I was under dressed but thankfully I had this huge, thick blanket that my friend gave me from his house and it kept me warm through my sleep. That blanket was seriously a life savior. When we woke up the next morning we tore down our "Home" and packed up for Simpson.



Reggie's Sleep Out is an experience that I will never forget. It was seriously hard for everyone to sleep and we were all prepared with multiple blankets and layers of cloths. Just imagine how hard it would be with out those luxuries?
Greg

3 comments:

Beth - Admissions Counselor said...

It looks like the footie pajamas made an appearance. Rock on!

Tiff Hummel said...

AWWW...what kind words, Greg, thanks! The night wouldn't have been the same w/o you, your super box-building skills & your SoulJa Boy moves...thanks for coming & hopefully we'll have your company next year! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh dats so cool. And if i was der, i woulda been right there with you lookin like a true floridian. Oh, and i LOVE the footy pajamas. (i can never find any. lol) =]